Food health and wellness Lifestyle Recipes

Zucchini Taco Boats

August 13, 2019

Happy Tuesday! How’s it going? What’s new in your world?

Recently I’ve been working hard on changing my eating habits and working out more. So far it’s gone really well. Of course I have my days where I just want to eat all the food, especially pizza, and I do.

One of my favorite things is to try and come up with healthier versions of my favorite foods. I am a lover of Mexican food. Give me all the chips, salsa, guac, tacos, chimichangas, and alllll the margaritas. I love them all.

I also love my veggies, which is not a secret. I love adding any and all veggies into most of my meals because I just love the taste. I saw on Pinterest zucchini boats and decided to give it a try.

I had made tacos the night before so I thought what would be better than trying Zucchini Taco Boats.

I didn’t get the best picture of it but boy oh boy was it good. Here’s what I did:

1. I cut a zucchini in half and then scraped all the insides out. This way it looks like a boat.
  2. Then I grabbed my left over taco meat and added it to the zucchini boat.
  3. I added shredded cheese (cheese is life so I added a lot)
  4. I preheated the oven to 400 degrees, then I baked it for 30 min or so
  5. once it was done I added my taco toppings

For my toppings I had a ton of shredded lettuce, taco sauce and a dollop of sour cream. I was out of salsa and avocado other I would have added those too.

So there you have it, an easy, healthy, delicious take on a taco salad. This meal is filling and will make your belly happy!

I hope you all like this recipe, if you give it a try let me know what you think of it!

What are some other type of meals or snacks should I try to healthify? Let me know in the comments and I’ll get cooking/baking!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope your week is magical!

dreambig1211
    August 14, 2019 at 6:37 pm

It’s funny that you put this in your blog since I was just thinking about making something like this yesterday since we have zucchini now. I have tomatillos coming in now also along with onions, yellow tomatoes and green peppers. I made some excellent salsa verde with those ingredients and some cilantro. It tastes so good! I eat it with carrots instead of chips. It tastes just as good.

angela
      August 14, 2019 at 6:40 pm

If you make a zucchini boat let me know how you like it! Ohh that sounds amazing!!

dreambig1211
        August 14, 2019 at 6:44 pm

Ok. I will. And I’ll put the salsa verde on top. I still have a little lettuce in my garden too. Do you have a garden?

angela
          August 14, 2019 at 6:46 pm

That will be amazing! I don’t have one at the moment but I definitely want a garden!

• dreambig1211
            August 14, 2019 at 7:02 pm

It is nice to go out to the garden and pick what I’m eating that night.

• angela
            August 14, 2019 at 7:03 pm

Oh I bet! I’m hoping to start a garden in the next couple years

• dreambig1211
            August 16, 2019 at 12:25 am

I was going to try the zucchini taco boats tonight but my last zucchini from my garden had some bad spots in it so i cut them out and it wasn’t big enough. I will try in next week.

• angela
            August 16, 2019 at 12:33 am

Can’t wait to hear how you like it!

• dreambig1211
            August 21, 2019 at 7:52 pm

I did make the taco boats last night. I liked it. I grilled it instead of baking since I absolutely love grilled zucchini. I think I will make them again tonight and melt the cheese on it with the meat instead of adding it later with the cold ingredients. Thanks for the recipe.

• angela
            August 21, 2019 at 7:58 pm

I’m so glad you liked it!! I bet grilling it would be amazing I’ll have to give that a try!