Happy Friday everyone! I have high hopes for today that it will be semi warm! Who else is sick of cold gloomy weather?
So the other day I decided I wanted to switch up my overnight oats because I always have the same kind everyday. I am obsessed with peanut butter overnight oats topped with bananas. I decided to make a chocolate brownie batter oatmeal. Of course I’d normally add chocolate protein powder for extra benefits and taste. I can’t have that so I left it out.
Alright let’s get started.
What you need:
- Airtight container (I use mason jars, cute and convenient)
- 1/3 cup oats
- Chia seeds ( I grab a tablespoon, you can add as much as you’d like)
- Cocoa powder ( I normally use dark chocolate cocoa powder for the taste and health benefits, however a rude house guest used mine all up and replaced it with regular cocoa powder)
- Chocolate protein powder ( I didn’t use any since I’m pregnant)
- Milk ( I use coconut milk, go ahead and use your favorite. I kind of eyeball the amount but I’d say it’s probably about 1 cup)
- A scoop of vanilla Greek yogurt ( gives it a more creamy texture)
Alright now that you have your ingredients combine them all in your container and set it in the fridge overnight.
Once its morning time grab your favorite toppings, for this one I used raspberries and strawberries. I also made a chocolate chia seed pudding to put on top.
Now it is finally time to eat up! I love overnight oats because you can make a few in advance and it only takes about 5 minutes to make. If you are super busy in the mornings all you have to do is grab it and go!
Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you all have a magical weekend!