Hello everyone! How’s your week going? Ours has been a little crazy. We got our carpet installed on Monday, they did a terrible job and had to come back the next day and fix it. Ever since then we have been trying to get our furniture moved back upstairs. Our newest project is creating a walk in closet. I am so excited it’s going to be so much easier to find clothes!
A few weeks ago I was in a dinner rut. I had no idea what to make until I saw this recipe online. I found a recipe for a slow cooker taco soup, but I made it on the stove since it was already too late.
My hubby got home from work right as it was finished cooking and he loved it, even went back for seconds. My daughter actually finished her bowl of food for the first time in ages. This mommy made food that both my hubby and picky toddler enjoyed. Let’s just call that a #mommywin!
Here’s the recipe:
Slow cooker: cook on high for 3-4 hrs
Stove: keep an eye on it until it’s the perfect temp for you ( that’s what I did 🙂 )
- 1 lb of ground meat ( can be turkey, chicken, or beef)
- 3 cans- 15 oz tomatoe sauce
- 2 cans- 15 oz red kidney beans ( or whatever beans you like, we used ranch beans)
- 2 cups of corn ( frozen is ok)
- 2 cups of water ( you could also use chicken broth)
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning ( I made my own since I didn’t have any on hand)
- Any other veggie you enjoy in your tacos
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt ( takes place of sour cream and it tastes the same!)
- Avocado ( or gauc) ( I wish I had an avocado for this it would have been fantastic)
- Whatever else you enjoy with your tacos you could probably add to the soup
This also tastes great as leftovers and if you struggle with meal prep, like I do, this is a great already made meal.
If you liked this recipe, let me know!
Thank you all so much for stopping by!