Hello all, I hope everyone is having a great week. My week has been full of trying a couple of new recipes. Don’t worry I plan on sharing them!
One of my favorite healthy treats, or post workouts snack is a smoothie. I love trying new and different smoothie recipes to mix things up a bit. There is a huge Acai Bowl fad going on right now and I wanted to jump on that bandwagon as well. Unfortunately, I cannot have an acai bowl yet because my town doesn’t have acai powder or frozen acai. So I decided to improvise and make my own smoothie bowl.
So lets get into how I made my delicious smoothie bowl:
First off I should probably tell you what kind of smoothie I made. Sometimes I just get ahead of myself. For this smoothie bowl I made a Mocha Raspberry Smoothie Bowl.
Alright here is the recipe:
- About 1/2 cup of Coffee (I just poured my left over coffee from my coffee pot into the blender, otherwise you can skip the coffee and use water or your favorite type of milk)
- a handful of frozen raspberries
- half a frozen banana
- Chocolate protein powder (your favorite protein powder, I am currently trying out the Vega Chocolate Protein Powder)
- Greens Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp of dark cocoa powder
- handful of Spinach or Kale
Then all you have to do is blend it all up and pour it into a bowl. You want the smoothie to be thicker than normal that way its easier to eat with a spoon.
- Chia Seeds
- Dark Chocolate Chips
You can add whatever toppings you like, these are just the ones I used.
All that’s left is to sit back and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, let me know! What are your favorite smoothies and toppings? Let me know in the comments!
Have a wonderful day 🙂